I am not a Starbucks loyalist. In fact, on many levels I think of Starbucks as a pretentious corporate beast. Why would anyone want to spend more than $3.50 on a coffee, when they can get a large double double at Timmy's for $1.48? And do they need to have two locations on Robson at the same intersection? I mean, seriously.
However ...
I do go through Starbucks phases. When the skinny lattes came out in December, I could often be found frequenting the Gastown location on my way to the office. I hadn't been in for a few weeks, but I stopped in today, and one of the baristas remembered me by my beverage: tall, skinny, cinnamon dolce latte. While I realize my coffee is not quite as difficult as some orders out there, I still think it's no small mouthful. I never thought being recognized as a regular could bring me such joy!
Thanks to my Gastown Starbucks! You made my morning.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Coffee Break
Posted by
@anatingor
at
9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alas, I'm an addict. A 'Grande, non-fat, no-water Tazo chai' addict. When I had the early morning shift at the bank I would go everyday. Brutal, I know... but there was something comforting about walking in and them knowing my beverage. It was like if I didn't go I'd be missed. (Or at least my money would be!)
Now my regular visit is only once a week (although I sometimes manage to sneak in another one or two), before my stained glass class. Pretenious indeed! lol
good question. why do we shell out the big money for starbucks?
well, i for one don't drink regular coffee, just mocha. so i guess for me i would say that mocha is hard to make properly (like hot coco, it can be made too sweet, too watery, etc) and starbucks makes theirs to my liking and since starbucks is everywhere (including everywhere in dubai!), i'm able to always get a consistently delicious cafe mocha (tall is all i can handle).
Post a Comment